Family First Nurseries training opportunities
Professional Training Solutions are delighted to be working in partnership with Family First Nurseries to offer a range of training opportunities to suit everyone.
- Fully funded* Level 2 accredited distance learning courses & Level 3 Diplomas – details below
- Fully funded* Functional Skills (English and Maths) – click here
- Early Years Levels 2-5 Apprenticeships – click here
- Fully funded* Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner (London only) – click here
*subject to eligibility
What Level 2 and 3 courses are available?
You can choose from 8 different Level 2 Certificate courses. Click the course names below to view more details.
All of these are delivered via an e-learning platform, and you’ll be assigned a mentor to support you. They’re all 100% government-funded, and fully accredited with awarding bodies.
Level 2 Certificate in:
Level 3 Diploma courses
These are work based and take approximately 12 months to complete. Click the course name for more details.
How much time do the courses take?
The Level 2 courses take about 1-2 hours of your time per week for up to 16 weeks. It’s self-paced, so you can fit it in whenever you like.
The Level 3 diplomas take about 3-5 hours of your time per week, for up to 12 months. These courses have set assignments within a timeframe so are more structured.
All the courses are delivered online, so you don’t need to worry about travelling anywhere.
You do need to be able to commit to finishing the course you begin, so make sure you are ready for the time commitment.
Who is eligible?
For the Level 2 courses, learners must meet all of the following criteria:
- you need to live in England at the moment, and have lived in the EEU (European Economic Area) for at least the past 3 years
- you need to be aged 19 or above
- if you’re aged 19-23, you need to have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- you can’t be studying full or part time on another government funded course (e.g., university course)
For the Level 3 courses (fully funded diplomas), learners must meet all of the following criteria:
- any adult in England earning under the National Living Wage annually (£18,525)
- be in employment or undertaking work experience
- have the right to live, work, and remain in the UK (settlement status).
- not be enrolled onto another government-funded course, whether that is part time or full time
The funding for these courses is based on your home or work location postcode. As a guide the map indicates the main areas within England where unfortunately we cannot offer fully funded courses. Other training providers local to these areas may be able to help.