The purpose of the qualification is to develop learners’ knowledge of distressed behaviour in children. Learners will gain a general awareness of the causes of distressed behaviour along with an understanding of appropriate ways to support a child displaying distressed behaviour. Furthermore, learners will consider how other conditions can play a role in distressed behaviour being displayed by a child. Finally, learners will gain an understanding of how current legislation underpins approaches to providing support for a child who displays distressed behaviour.
Course Length: 16 weeks on average
Awarding Body: TQUK (E-certificates upon achievement)
Learning Method(s): Online materials and assessment
There is no prior qualification needed to access this course however; learners must be aged 16 years or over.
This course is part of our fully funded range of Level 2 courses so is free to the majority of learners – eligibility criteria applies.
Units covered in this qualification are;
- Awareness of distressed behaviour in children
- Principles of intervention when working with children who display distressed behaviour
- Distressed behaviour and mental health in children
- Distressed behaviour and learning disabilities in children
- Distressed behaviour, sensory processing conditions and autism spectrum conditions in children
- Legislation and guidance for an individual providing support to children displaying distressed behaviour
This is a guide to the eligibility criteria if you are not sure about anything please get in touch with us.
- If employed, you may still be eligible for funding if you earn less than £20,319 per year outside of London or less than £11.95 per hour in London. Proof of wage will be required prior to enrolment.
- Learners must be aged 19+ from the 31st August 2022.
- Learners must be a resident of UK or the EEA (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years.
- Learners can be unemployed to undertake a distance learning course.
- There are no entry requirements to undertake a distance learning course, however a good level of English is required.
Download Course Information PDF
Please click here to download the PDF.