This qualification is designed to provide an introduction to neuroscience
from birth to seven years. It will support learners who are seeking a career
within the early years sector. Learners may also progress to further study.
This qualification aims to:
- focus on the study of neuroscience in early years
- offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
- provide knowledge for those seeking employment in the early years sector.
The objectives of this qualification are to:
- support learners to gain an understanding of neuroscience in early years
- support learners to progress to further and higher education
- support the Practitioner role in the workplace.
Course Length: 16 weeks on average
Awarding Body: NCFE (E-certificates upon achievement)
Learning Method(s): High-quality knowledge workbooks & an assessment that enables learners to produce a portfolio of evidence covering all the learning outcomes associated with each unit.
There is no prior qualification needed to access this course however; learners must be aged 16 years or over.
This course is part of our fully funded range of Level 2 courses so is free to the majority of learners – eligibility criteria applies.
There are 2 mandatory units.
- Understanding neuroscience in early years.
- Understanding self-regulation and how to nurture this in children from birth to seven years.
Both units are internally assessed.
This is a guide to the eligibility criteria if you are not sure about anything please get in touch with us.
- Learner will be undertaking their learning within England
- Learner is aged 19 or above
- Learners aged 19-23 year olds must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- For learners aged 24+ there are no formal entry requirement but they would find it helpful to have a good standard of English and Math’s
- Learners are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
Learners could progress to the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Early Years Education and Care.
Download Course Information PDF
Click to view and download the course information PDF