Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is aimed at anyone working in a healthcare or social care environment, particularly those that support, or have contact with, older people who have an increased propensity to falls.
How is this qualification structured?
The qualification is made up of four mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Falls in context
• Unit 02 Understand the risk factors and causes of falls
• Unit 03 Falls assessment and prevention
• Unit 04 Managing falls.
The purpose of this qualification is to increase learners’ awareness and understanding of falls and their prevention which will allow them to progress into, or within, employment in healthcare or social care settings.
The objective of the qualification is to allow learner’s to gain knowledge and understanding of:
• the impact and consequences of a fall
• risks and hazards which contribute to falls
• reducing the risk of falls.