This qualification aims to raise awareness of:
• the role of the mental health worker
• the process and approaches involved in the care and support of those who experience mental ill health.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to understand the approaches to care and support of those with mental health problems.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 or 2 qualification in a health or social care related area.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs, learners are required to successfully complete 5 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understand the role of the mental health worker
- Unit 02 Mental health and mental health issues
- Unit 03 Understand duty of care in adult health and social care
- Unit 04 Approaches to care and management in mental health
- Unit 05 Understanding change and support in relation to mental health
How is it assessed?
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the mandatory units.
This is a guide to the eligibility criteria if you are not sure about anything please get in touch with us.
- If employed, you may still be eligible for funding if you earn less than £20,319 per year outside of London or less than £11.95 per hour in London. Proof of wage will be required prior to enrolment.
- Learners must be aged 19+ from the 31st August 2022.
- Learners must be a resident of UK or the EEA (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years.
- Learners can be unemployed to undertake a distance learning course.
- There are no entry requirements to undertake a distance learning course, however a good level of English is required.
Download Course Information PDF
Click to view and download the course information PDF