Recruit an apprentice with Professional Training Solutions!
Written on 25th, October 2021
Apprenticeships help bring valuable skills into your business with the government’s support. They’re suitable for people at any level so you can hire someone new or upskill an existing employee.
Here at Professional Training Solutions, we offer a FREE recruitment service for employers looking to hire an apprentice. Our aim is to make the process of recruiting an apprentice easier for you. To use our service, all we require is that use our apprenticeship training for your successful candidate.
Below we have listed the stages of our recruitment service. We pride ourselves on this seamless process, ensuring the needs of both the employer and candidates are always met.
- The first stage of our service includes discovering & highlighting the needs of our employers. Our team will then provide the information, advice and give guidance about the funding, incentives, and criteria to access these.
- Next, a member of our team will guide the employer through the suitable apprenticeship standards to match the skills, knowledge & behaviours that are required for the apprentice’s role.
- We then ask the employer to create an apprenticeship service account, which if requested can be managed on our behalf.
- Once the apprenticeship service account has been set up, our recruitment team will be in touch to discuss roles, responsibilities, wages, and any screening criteria of the apprentice.
- After the job description has been approved by the employer, we will launch the vacancy on a variety of recruitment sites, social media platforms and local job centres.
- Whilst applicants come in, we will start the double screening process to find the ideal candidate for the apprenticeship role. This process involves comparing applicants to the job role, then asking for a video interview to understand why they are the perfect fit.
- CVs of all potential candidates will be provided for the employer to discuss the possibility of an interview.
- Once the employer has selected the candidates they would like to interview, we will arrange the interviews, using the dates/times the employer has provided.
- By this time, the successful candidate will have been found, the employer will offer a contract of employment!
Now is the best time to recruit as the government has extended the cash incentive for hiring a new apprentice. Employers who recruit apprentices between now and January 2022 are eligible for the bonus.
- Employers who recruit an apprentice aged 16-18 will receive an incentive of £4,000. This includes the usual £1,000 and an additional £3,000 from the government.
- Employers who recruit an apprentice aged 19 and over will receive a £3,000 government incentive.
To find out more about our FREE recruitment service and apprenticeship cash incentives, contact us today!