Skills Revolution – skills opportunities designed by employers, for employers.
Written on 16th, March 2022
The ‘Join the Skills Revolutions’ campaign is a government initiative part of the Skills for Life campaign aimed specifically at employers, aiming to help businesses gear up for economic recovery by skilling up their workforce.
The campaign highlights the range of support and funding available for businesses wanting to boost their workforce capabilities including apprenticeships and traineeships. Training and employment schemes can help business grow by skilling up their employees, driving better results and helping to retain their workforce. The launch of campaign includes new research which demonstrates a huge appetite for developing new work skills amongst the working public with:
- 86% of employees in IT and telecoms stating they want to upskill this year
- 81% of employees in healthcare stating they want to upskill this year
However, one in three felt held back by a lack of time (35%) and a lack of confidence (32%), while 29% said they did not know where to start.
The ‘Join the Skills Revolution’ campaign will help employers take advantage of the desire in the working public to upskill providing easy access to skills opportunities to help drive better performances. Many training and employment schemes can be for any age, a new employee or a current employee looking to retrain. Simply visit gov.uk/skillsforlife – for skills opportunities designed by employers, for employers.
Employer Skills programmes options
- They offer flexible but structured training, which meets the needs of employers.
- SMEs get 95% of their apprentice’s training costs paid for by the government.
- There are hundreds of apprenticeships to choose from to suit all industries – view our apprenticeships here.
- Almost 67,000 businesses took on an apprentice in 2019/20.
- They are a 6-week to 12 months skills development programme that includes an unpaid work placement to help 16-24 year olds prepare for an apprenticeship programme.
- They are available in a wide variety of skills and disciplines – employers can design a programme that suits both the needs of their business and the trainee.
- Employers can receive a £1,000 incentive payment per trainee.
We are an established training provider and approved to deliver apprenticeships, traineeships and other courses as part of the Skills for Life and Skills Revolution campaigns. Our experts are here to listen, advise and help you navigate the best route for your business and employees.