Application deadline for the incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice.
Written on 18th, May 2021
The deadline for employers to apply for the incentive payment for new apprentices hired between August 2020 and March 2021 is approaching. Eligible employers must apply for their incentive payment by the end of 31st May 2021.
Incentive payment for apprentices who joined the organisations before 1st April 2021:
- Employers with apprentices who have a contract of employment with a start date between 1st August 2020 and 31st March 2021 and have started their apprenticeship training between 1st August 2020 and 31st May 2021 are eligible for an incentive payment.
- For new apprentices aged 16 to 24, employers will receive £2,000.
- For new apprentices aged 25 and over, employers will receive £1,500.
- Employers must apply for these apprentices by the end of 31st May 2021.
- Visit the guidance page for more details.
How to apply
Employers can apply for the incentive payment via the Finance section in their apprenticeship service account. Please watch the following support video for additional guidance.
To apply for the incentive payment, employers must complete the following six steps:
- Have a registered account on the apprenticeship service.
- If the employer is non levy, they need to have reserved funds in their apprenticeship service account.
- They must have taken on a new apprentice.
- Add the apprentice to their apprenticeship service account.
- Agreed a start date for apprenticeship training to commence.
- Accepted the latest version of the ESFA employer agreement.
Incentive payment for apprentices who join organisations from 1st April 2021
The employer incentive for hiring a new apprentice has recently been extended until 30th September 2021. Employers could receive £3,000 for new apprentices of any age who join their organisation. Email email@example.com for more information.
Employers who take on a new apprentice from 1st April 2021 can apply for the incentive payment after the new apprentice is added to their apprenticeship service account. Employers must set up an apprenticeship service account to apply.