The Level 2 Certificate in Infection Control is designed to provide all health workers with fundamental knowledge of how to control the cause and spread of infection in hospitals and other settings reliant to superior hygiene standards. This qualification has been specifically designed for the health and social care sector and can be delivered as part of pre-employment training or as an induction. Increasing the level of knowledge of this area is part of overarching strategies to reduce the incidence of infection in health care settings therefore protecting the health of staff and users of the services.
All Level 2 Certificates are delivered via an e-learning platform and broken down into units. Learners will be assigned a member of the assessment team to ensure they feel supported through remote learning. Generally, these courses take 12 weeks to complete.
There is no prior qualification needed to access the Level 2 Certificate, however; learners must be aged 16 years or over.
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker
- Level 2 Healthcare Worker
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Level 3 Senior Health and Social Care
Learners may also wish to expand learning their knowledge at the same level:
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Care Planning
- Level 2 Certificate in Fall Prevention
- Level 2 Certificate in End of Life Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Dementia Care