The Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity is designed to raise awareness of issues surrounding equality and diversity whether in society, the workplace or the community. Learners will develop knowledge and understanding which can be applied in the workplace and will be of value to employers.
This qualification is suitable for both young and adult learners, including those already in or seeking employment. It is ideal for those who wish to develop an awareness of issues surrounding equality and diversity, for example as part of an induction programme or personal development.
Course Length: 16 weeks on average
Awarding Body: TQUK (E-certificates upon achievement)
- Online and paper materials
- Online and paper assessment
There is no prior qualification needed to access this course however; learners must be aged 16 years or over.
This course is part of our fully funded range of Level 2 courses so is free to the majority of learners – eligibility criteria applies.
Unit 1: Equality and diversity in society
Discover the meaning behind the term ‘equality’ and explore the damaging effects of stereotyping and labelling.
Unit 2: Equality and diversity in the community
Develop an understanding of the extent of diversity that exists within a community and understand the benefits of promoting a culture of equality and diversity.
Unit 3: Equality and diversity in the workplace
Learn how equality and diversity can be promoted and maintained by employees and the benefits of having a dynamic, diverse workforce.
This is a guide to the eligibility criteria if you are not sure about anything please get in touch with us.
- If employed, you may still be eligible for funding if you earn less than £20,319 per year outside of London or less than £11.95 per hour in London. Proof of wage will be required prior to enrolment.
- Learners must be aged 19+ from the 31st August 2022.
- Learners must be a resident of UK or the EEA (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years.
- Learners can be unemployed to undertake a distance learning course.
- There are no entry requirements to undertake a distance learning course, however a good level of English is required.
Download Course Information PDF
Click to view and download the course information PDF